Mission and Background
Chris and Megumi Risden are missionaries to Japan with TEAM. Chris and Megumi Risden are TEAM Missionaries serving at the Abundant Life Church in Matsumoto, Nagano, Japan. They have been working alongside Jon and Tammy Tucker, a missionary couple who have been in Japan for many years.
Chris holds weekly English studies and English as a Second Language classes for interested Japanese. Chris is also responsible in making Devine appointments into the community in various ways. Megumi is available to the women and girls who are in need of counseling and encouragement in their Christian life. Chris has recently provided the message in Japanese at heir local church. Chris and Megumi have three children: Rachel Aya, Sarah Manna, and Hannah Joy.
Field Address: 2-22-14 Idegawa, Matsumoto-shi, Nagano-ken 390-0827, Japan
Cell Phone: Megumi: 080-3915-7561 Chris: 080-3915-7562
Skype ID: chrisandmegumi4jesus
If the Lord leads you to give toward our ministry expenses, checks can be sent to TEAM – PO Box 969, Wheaton, IL 60187. Please enter “Risden – Japan” in the memo line. Also, if the Lord leads you, please consider joining TEAM’s Everyone One Hundred campaign, which helps support TEAM’s efforts to mobilize the Gospel around the world. See www.TEAMeveryone.org for more info.
- Chris is preparing a message in Japanese that he will deliver in two churches (Oct. 20 and Nov. 4). Please pray for guidance.
- Please pray for wisdom for Chris and Megumi as they home-school their two oldest girls (Rachel and Sarah).
- Please pray for the salvation of our 90 year-old neighbor Kurebayashi-san.
- Please pray for the salvation of Megumi’s mom.
- It looks like Chris will be temporarily (at least) having English classes for the husband of one of the ladies in our church. She is a believer, but he is not a believer yet. Pray that Chris will be able to build a good relationship with him and share about Christ’s love with him.
- In November, a woman named Joyce Inouye will be coming from California to do a weekend seminar at our church. She also has several other meetings scheduled in Japan. Joyce, who is an ADHD specialist, will speak about dealing with children who have learning difficulties. This will be an outreach to the local community. Please pray for open hearts and that many unchurched people would attend.
- There is a young man from Bowie who is raising funds to come to Japan and do short-term work with our team in this area. Alex attends Largo Community Church. Please pray that the Lord would raise up the support for him to come in January as planned.